Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Biography of Soedarpo Sastrosatomo


Born Pangkalan Susu, Langkat, North Sumatra, June 30, 1920 - died in Jakarta, 22 October 2007) is a negotiator, nationalist, and a lot of entrepreneurs who play a role in helping the struggle of Indonesia's diplomacy in the early days of independence.
He was involved as a member of the Indonesian negotiator in talks Linggarjati, then become a member of RI representative at the United Nations in 1948 until 1950. After becoming a public servant for a while, he came out to do private business. He founded the PT. Samudera Indonesia, a large shipping company that controls the distribution of goods throughout Indonesia. After several expansions to the various fields of business, in 1986 he led the 21 companies listed.
He is known as an Indonesian businessman, dubbed as the King because the company ships voyage into the front guard company in Indonesia. In 2006, his name is entered in the "List of 40 richest people in Indonesia (2006)" from Forbes Magazine.

In his old age he was known as a philanthropist and a lot to do and help movement activists, politicians, and academics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Surabaya, Indonesia
I was born in Surabaya in 1994 but since 1999, I moved to Malang. Many differences in Malang and Surabaya. As the weather is very cold but not as big as the city of Malang, Surabaya. That's what makes me sometimes feel bored in Malang .. My hobbies swimming and shopping. With the swim can be high, not easy to get sick and depresed .. I like to eat meat and cake. Uhmm, and I like challenges. With the challenge made me more mature .. If you want to know me more closely, add me on facebook .. Thank you...